THS A+ Director:
Benefits of being in A+
Graduates from Trenton High School who meet the A+ requirements will be eligible for tuition and general fees to a community college or public vocational/technical school of their choice in Missouri. Students will receive this incentive from the State of Missouri, not the Trenton R-9 School District. These incentives will be made available by the State of Missouri only after the student has made a good faith effort to secure all available federal post secondary student financial assistance funds that do not require repayment. A student must be considered a full-time enrollment by the post-secondary institution and maintain a 2.5 GPA to continue receiving the incentive. Students must complete the two years or up to six semesters of full-time enrollment at a community college or public vocational/technical school within four years after graduating from Trenton High School.
To be eligible for the financial incentives of the A+ School Program, a student must be certified as an A+ Student by Trenton High School. As the official representative of the A+ program with the Department of Education of the State of Missouri, the A+ School Coordinator has the responsibility to certify if a graduate of Trenton High School has met the criteria of certification. The High School Principal will verify all qualifications and documentation. To be certified as an A+ School Student, an individual must do the following:
- Sign an A+ Student Participation Agreement
- Attend Trenton High School for three years prior to graduation
- Maintain at least 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Maintain a 95% attendance record
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring for academically younger studentsMaintain a record of good citizenship and avoidance of the unlawful use of drugs/alcohol
- Make a good faith effort to first secure all available federal post secondary student financial assistance funds that do not require repayment (FAFSA)
A summary sheet advising the parent of the student progress toward achieving A+ school status will be sent each semester.